Okay Laurie, that title was just for you. : ) LOL!!!
It has been a rough few days. Gabe hasn't been feeling very well the last few days. He has a cold and is just not himself. Poor little guy. It must be frustrating to not feel good and not be able to tell mom what is going on so she can try to fix it. We had a doctor appointment set up for him on the 11th. She listened to his lungs and didn't hear anything. That is always good. Especially since Todd is prone to pneumonia. Over all his appointment went well. He got 2 shots and will need to go back in a month to get another. He got a little bit behind because when Todd changed jobs, we didn't have health insurance. I have been wanting to change doctors for him and wasn't sure who to go to. A lady at church recommended one, which is who we went to this time. I think she will be good.
Poor guys woke up once this morning crying. He didn't cry very long before he went back to sleep. I am not sure how long later he woke up again. This time he wasn't going back to sleep. I got up with him and tried to rock with him, but he wasn't happy with that. I was changing his diaper when Todd came to see if he could help. We worked on his nose to see if we could get it cleared out for him. He didn't take too kindly to it, but it seemed to do the trick. We sat in the rocking chair and read a couple books. Then turned out the light and just rocked and snuggled. He wasn't asleep when I put him down, but he had calmed down. Since I was up, I thought I would do a post and listen to see if he went back to sleep. He isn't asleep yet. He is crying off and on, so we will see how it goes.
Thursday I wasn't feeling very good. I thought it was sinuses. Oh joy!!! Friday morning I woke up with a little bit of a fever, dizziness, headache etc. I still think it is my sinuses being down right mean. Todd went to work for just a little bit this morning, and then came home to take care of Gabe. I went back to bed to get some sleep. Thankfully Todd's day was such that he could be home with us. On his way home this morning, he stopped and picked up some over the counter meds for me. They are really helping clear me up.
Things have been busy for Todd at work. Monday and Tuesday was was getting ready for an audit scheduled for Wednesday. It went well. He won't have another one for 2 years. Yuck!!!
Mom had surgery on her right thumb on Thursday. They went to my aunt and uncle's Tuesday and came home Friday. She is doing really well. Of course, they have her on pain meds. She said she gets along fine as long as she takes those at regular times, and as long as she doesn't bump it or move her arm a little wrong. She has a cast on that hand leaving just the tip of the thumb exposed. She is figuring out how to do things with that contraption on her arm. I am thankful she is doing so well. We will go back for a follow up in a couple weeks, and then another follow up a couple more weeks from the first.
Well I think that is it for catching everyone up on things here. It sounds like Gabe is back to sleep. I think I will see about some more myself.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment