Monday, September 8, 2008

Stickers and Other Amusing Thoughts

We got an offer in the mail the other day for a kids magazine that came with a sheet of smiley face stickers. I threw the offer away and kept the stickers. I put them on the desk in Gabe's room. He was in there the other day taking things off his desk and found the stickers. I helped him get a couple off the sheet and that was all it took. He figured out from there how to get them off. I am still finding stickers around the house. : ) We have found stickers on the walls, him, furniture, the bottom of our socks, you name it we have probably found a sticker there. It is one of those things that every time we find one, we laugh. He had so much fun with them. I think there is still one on the side of the door trim. : ) It is the little things that entertain and make them happy, which in turn entertain and make us as parents happy.

As I have mentioned, Gabe loves to read. Todd was reading "The Cat in the Hat" to him a while ago. He stopped part way through the book and said, "do you realize the fish is the voice of reason in this book". As I listened to him finish the book, I discovered that it is true. The fish is the one telling the kids that the Cat shouldn't be there, and that his games are not good. Isn't that funny? We also have a set of "Curious George" books. My question with those books is this: when the man with the yellow hat knows that George is so curious and prone to get into trouble, why does he leave George on his own so much? He knows he is going to find trouble somewhere. It seems a little irresponsible to me. : ) Just a few of the crazy things I think about.

Friday Todd watched Gabe and gave me time to go shopping. I think every (or almost every) mom as much as we love our children and loving being with them have times now and then when we need a little time to ourselves. I was in need of a little time, and Todd was wonderful to give it to me. I went to Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Kohl's, Bed Bath and Beyond, Goodwill to check out books and last stop Target. It was nice to go, but I was glad to be back to my family.

It seems like there was a lot more I was going to say and now I am blank and can't think of anything. I will end here and do more later if I think of the other things.

No comments: