Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend and Rolling Into Monday

It seems like there were somethings that happened over the weekend, but I am completely blank on what it was.

We got some snow/freezing rain Saturday, and then a little snow on Sunday. Not much for the two days combined.

Friday was school, then home. Not much there to report. We are working on the play. Working on songs and lines. The Jr. High are reading "A Christmas Carol". I am having the Sr. High read it with them out loud in class. I got the version of the movie I wanted in the mail today. I will watch it and then show it (if all is okay) next Friday. It should be fine, but you never know.

Gabe hasn't been feeling very good again. We are leaning toward teeth. He isn't eating quite as good as he normally does. He is eating, just not as much, and it is more difficult to get him to eat. He is also eating more solid food and doing fine. He isn't gagging nearly as much as he was. He has just been off the last couple of days. I stayed home with him last night, while Todd headed in for church. He fell asleep on the way home today and slept for about 20 minutes. Then didn't got to sleep again until a little after 4:00. He got about an hour nap then, and that was it for the day. I hope he gets a good night sleep tonight. He needs it.

Todd got a Christmas tree today on his way home from work. It is nice shaped, full and pretty. We got it in the tree stand and will let it "fluff" : ) until tomorrow evening. We will get out all the tree trimming stuff tomorrow and get it decorated. I wonder what Gabe will think of it all lite up. I held him while he felt the needles. He wasn't too sure about it, but mom touched it so it must be okay. : ) I love watching his reactions to new things. Everything is new to him. Things we take for granted, I get to see for the first time again through his eyes. That is a pretty fun thing. Like bubbles. I have done bubble with him before, but he was younger and not very interested. I got out his bubble maker tonight and did some for him. At first, he just looked at them and at me. Pretty soon he was grinning from ear to ear. He didn't try to pop them, he just watched them with a look of wonder on his face. He was a little miffed that I put them away.

We are getting sleet like stuff right now. There were several school closings this evening before we started getting anything. I haven't heard for sure what we are to get, other than 1/4" of ice. I think we are supposed to get snow too, but I'm not sure. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

No comments: