Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sleep and Sleep

I got some sleep last night. Yesterday I called to see if I could take something like Tylenol PM while nursing. She said I probably could but would be better off if I didn't. She said the best thing would be the old remedies like warm milk (yuck), cocoa etc. She looked up Chamomile tea and said that was safe. I have some, so gave it a shot. I don't know if it was that or just plain exhaustion, but I got some sleep. So did Gabe. He got a 1/2 hour nap in the morning, 1 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon and a 45 minute (I had to wake him up) nap before church. Daddy even got a nap when he got home from work. YabbaDabbaDo!!!!!!!

We have gotten rain off and on all day. It has been pretty steady and gentle most of the evening. Before it started this afternoon, I decided to take Zeus out. He was goofing around and it thundered. He jumped, spun around and ran here and there. He got settled down, and it thundered again. He did the same thing for a little bit, then took off for the front door. I guess he had enough and was getting out of there.

After church we ran to Target for a few things. Todd found a toy for Gabe. It is hard to describe. It has a little thing that spins and lights up. We got home, gave it to him, showed him how to make it light up, and his eyes got huge. He turned, looked at me as if to say, "Mommy, is it really for me? I can have it?" Todd and I had to laugh. The look was priceless, one that melts your heart.

I would be in bed by now, but Gabe was having a hard time falling asleep. He was tired for sure, but something wasn't right. I don't know that it was, but he seems to be asleep now. With that said....I am off.

No comments: