Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Finger Prints

I mentioned in Saturday's post, that Gabe got my glasses and got fingerprints all over them. I didn't really think much of it at the time. I didn't put my glasses back on right away, because I still had him and knew he would grab them again. I then put my contacts in and put my glasses in their case. That night when I was getting ready for bed, I did as I always do, I took my contacts out and put my glasses on. By then, I had forgotten about the fingerprints. I put my glasses on and was looking through a blur. Any other time, they would probably be my fingerprints, and I would just wipe them off. This time I was reluctant to clean my glasses. When I looked, I could see how tiny the fingerprints were, unlike my bigger prints. I wished I could leave them there untouched as a reminder of my little squirt. Someday I will forget all about that one moment in time that I had my son's tiny little fingerprints on my glasses. It is such an insignificant thing but something I wish I could hold onto.

I am learning that it isn't always the big things to hold onto and cherish, but sometimes it is the smallest of things. Like fingerprints......

No comments: