Today has not been the best day for mom and punkin. For the day he has had a 45 minute, 30 minute and 20 minute nap. That has not been working for us. It was a "Rent-a-Kid Day". We haven't had one of these in a while, so I guess we were due. He was so tired this evening when he was eating, he would rub his eyes and face after every bite. Todd & I both tried to get him to take a nap, but he absolutely refused. He did finally take a 20 minute nap. He is now playing and will eat in just a little while, then hopefully go to bed.
He had sweet potatoes for the first time. His dad was not impressed that I was giving him sweet potatoes. He doesn't like them and was giving me a bad time about giving them to Gabe. He never made a face. He eat almost an entire container without even the slightest face. I am beginning to wonder if he has taste buds. : ) He also had rice with bananas for the first time. Again liked it, no face.
I finally got the dishes done today. They were beginning to pile up a little bit. I also did some Christmas shopping today. Yes, you read right Christmas shopping. I didn't go out shopping; I shopped by internet. The internet is a wonderful thing. I also did a little looking to see where we could go for a little mini vacation. We had planned on Mt. Rushmore, but decided to go next year because of the wild fires. Not know how things look and what was damaged, we thought we would give it a year. We don't know for sure where we are going to go, but we are maybe thinking of Living History Farms near Des Moines. I have heard that it is a really neat place. We will see.
When Todd came home, he handed me a piece of mail and said "I'm sorry". I couldn't understand why he would say that, until I looked at what he handed me. I have been summonsed for jury duty. This is the second time for me. I was trying to remember for sure when the last time was, but I think it was 1991 or 1992. It is for the month of September. That is another reason we may not go to Mt. Rushmore. We were planning to go in September. Now I will have to be here during that month unless I am released for some reason. I don't know how I feel about jury duty. I know it is my civic duty, but the thought of being on for some of these trials is disturbing. Last time I was called up with several others to the jury box to be questioned by the lawyers but was dismissed. I had to call every Monday after that but was not called in again. We will see what happens this time.
Well I am off (some would say I am just plain off) to feed Gabriel. Hopefully bedtime will go better than the rest of the day has been.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment