Thursday, July 12, 2007

Picture Day

The day started as usual. Got up fed Gabe, he was up for a while, then went back down for a morning nap. I laid back down too, but had a hard time falling asleep. Finally did and was out like a light.

After he woke up, I got him fed again. I wanted to get a few errands done today. My trunk is full of pop cans and bottles (ya gotta love the IA 5 cent deposit), so I can't fit the stroller back there. I was going to be in and out of the car quite a bit, and he is heavy enough that I can't carry him around in his car seat. So I called Grandma. I knew she wouldn't want to watch him for any amount of time (I'm sure everyone believes that), but I thought I would check with her anyway. I was surprised when she said she would take him (again I'm sure that is believable). Got myself ready to go and headed out the door with him.

One of my things to do was get pictures printed. I had a coupon for 13 cents a print. I drop Gabe off with Grandma, stop by one grocery store and get rid of bottles. By the way, all the grocery stores in town have a limit of how many cans and bottles a family/party can bring in per day. Then it was off to get pictures done. I get there and get started and part way through a box pops up say 201 images have been selected but only 200 are allowed. I go through change the quantities on some to get it back down to the 200. At the end of the order, I also request a CD with all the pictures. It does this and that, asks for this information and that, then finally tells me my order is processing. It tells me this for 5 minutes or better. I ask someone about it. They say it takes a while when there are that many pictures. Ten minutes. It takes a while. Twenty minutes later they call up another lady. She says the same thing. In the mean time, I have used the other machine to finish what it wouldn't let me do. That order prints. The first order is still processing. Then the second order prints again. The first order is still processing. The lady tells me to redo the first order. I get it almost done, and she tells me to stop. It was finally printing. Over an hour later, I am skipping out the door with my pictures. I hit the grocery store, go pick up Gabe and head home. By this time, Gabe needs to eat again, and Todd and I haven't had supper. We decide to go to Taco Bell. I am looking at pictures and realize not all the pictures are printed. I call to see if they had any pictures that printed after I left. Nope. Tomorrow I will be making another trip to get the rest of the pictures that I ordered but didn't print. Anyway......

Gabe was a wild man come bed time again. I rocked him for a while, but he wasn't interested in sleeping. I gave him big hugs and kisses, gave him his pacifier (which I am sure he pulled out as soon as the door closed), turned on his music and closed his door behind me. He finally fell asleep not too long ago.

It was kind of a frustrating day, but in the whole picture of life, it isn't going to matter. At the end of the day, I am still very blessed with a wonderful husband, an amazing little boy, family and friends who love me and a God that is still in control. What more could a girl ask for? : )

No comments: