Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It Has Been Way Too Long

I have obviously been absolutely positively horrid about doing any posts. I will try to better from here on out, but I can't promise anything.

I am not going to try to go back and even hit the highlights from the last almost 2 months (has it really been that long?) that since my last post. I will pretty much start from day forward.

We had a good Thanksgiving at Todd's mom and dad's. We had a good (but busy) Christmas. We were with my family for Christmas. We didn't open gifts the day of because Mark had to work all day. We opened gifts that Saturday. The Friday after New Years Day we went to Todd's side of the family. We did Christmas with just the 3 of us Christmas Day. Gabe was a lot of fun to watch this year. He knew what things were and could say words with it.

Gabe is amazing. We marvel everyday at what he is doing, saying and learning. He is not quite 2 years old and recognizes 12 letters. If we write or he sees the letters, A, B, C, D, E, F, M, N, O, P, S, or T, he will get them right almost all the time. From time to time he will get a couple mixed up, but for the most part he is spot on. How did you like the little British saying in there? : ) He is talking more and more daily. He is putting 2 words together. Obviously not all of his words we have figured out yet, but there are a lot we know and understand very clearly. In fact, he has one right now that we can't figure out, and it sounds like a bad word. Yikes!!!

It was cute today. I had some something to him about him being or doing something (I can't remember) awesome. Like some many times he repeated what I said. He said awesome pretty clearly. Shortly later we said something about daddy (again I don't remember). We each went about our activities. Out of nowhere, Gabe says, "Daddy awesome". He put the 2 words together, I didn't prompt him to say it. I thought that was so cute. I called Todd so he could hear Gabe say it.

I am not one, and probably never will be one, to sit down at the begin of the year and make new year's resolutions. However, I made a list this year, not of resolutions, but of projects. Some women make "honey do" lists, I make "me do" lists. It is a list of things that I would like to get accomplished. Some are small and won't take very long, others are rather lengthy projects that are tied to other things on the list. I went through several rooms of the house and listed things by room and then made a general list. I have gotten a few things done already. I have even started on some of the major ones. A lot of the things are things that I have been wanting to get done, but haven't grabbed the bull by the horns and started. Mostly because I know that they will be major undertakings. I am ready and am on the move.

Well that is it for now. I will try to better about posting. For now........

No comments: