Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Every Day Is An Adventure : )

Wow, I have been really bad about doing posts. I used to do so good. Now I am horrible. Sorry about that everyone.

Gabe is awesome. Thus the title for today. Everyday there is something that he does that just cracks us up. He is a smart little whipper snapper. He has 3 of those puzzles that have the picture below the puzzle piece. I will lay out all 3 puzzle bases and hand him random pieces. He will get everyone (most of the time) right on the first try. If he is unsure, he will hold the piece, look at the boards and sometimes move the piece from board to board until he finds which one it goes to. I don't have any children to compare him to, but if you ask me that is pretty good for an 18 month old.

Gabe also loves books. We sit in the rocker everyday before nap and bed time and read. The other night he sat through 4 1/2 books before he was done. He didn't try to turn the pages, just sat, looked at the pictures and listened to me read. He does try to turn pages and not get through a book but for the most part he will sit through 2 before he does that. It amazes me. Throughout the day he will bring book after book and want to look at them. I wonder how many times I have read and will read "Green Eggs and Ham", "The Cat in the Hat", "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" (which is his favorite) and countless other Dr. Seuss (sorry mom) and other books. He is so funny, when we sit down to read he will start giggling. I love it. I am glad he enjoys reading so much. I really hope he keeps his love for books. The other book that he loves to look at is the PBR (Professional Bull Riders) magazine. He will sit and flip through that for a while and point at the PBR logo and say "bull". He sees the PBR on TV and says "bull". If I get on the computer and go to the PBR website, he wants to get on my lap and watch the video clips on their site. Pointing and saying "bull". Very exciting to him. He has been watching bull riding on TV for a long time. We have pictures of him watching. He likes to look at pictures, so he will get his albums (we have over 800 pictures of him) and when he get to the pictures of him watching the PBR, you guessed it, he points to the picture and says "bull". We have already had the discussion that he can watch the bull riding, but he can't be a bull rider or bull fighter. *Sigh*

He took his first nasty fall last Wednesday. He hit his head on the edge of the night stand in our bedroom. He had a cut about an inch long. When we first looked saw it, we thought it might be kind of deep. After looking at it closer, we could tell it wasn't as bad as we thought. It swelled and started turning purple almost instantly. I just know that the next day it was going to look even worse. We were amazed and relieved to see that it actually didn't look any worse than the night before. The swelling was gone, and it wasn't any more purple. A week later and it is almost gone. There is a tiny bit of purple and a thin red line were the cut was. We aren't sure yet if he will have a faint scar or not. He is a tough little guy. He was up running around later that evening. Now when he goes into our room, he points at the table and says "boom". He used to go to that table and unload everything off of it. He doesn't go very close to it anymore. I think he has taken a couple things off of it since, but not much.

Todd has been pretty busy at work the last couple of weeks, which is good. He has had several appointments and is taking on new clients with the prospect of more in the near future. We are thankful for the business, it helps. There have been a few nights, he has come home and needed a little bit of a nap. Tonight being one of them. Still busy is good.

Me, lets see, I have my second sty in the last month. Those boogers hurt. This morning my eye was swollen some. The swelling went down as the day went by, thankfully. I am wearing my glasses (yuck) and not wearing any eye makeup (yikes!). Kind of scary!!! I have been able to get in some reading (one of my passions). Thanks Laurie! : ) I really do thank her. It is because of Laurie that I love to read. She would sit in study hall at school and read. I would get bored because I wanted to talk or pass notes, and she would have her nose stuck in a book. So my only defense was to start reading, study or twiddle my thumbs. Studying wasn't an option (hehehe) and twiddling my thumbs was as boring as just sitting there. I opted for picking up a book. Now I could start my own library. Anyway.....I have been getting some reading in once Gabe is asleep for the night and before I hit the hay. Someday will get to my other passion, cross-stitching. *Sigh* Other than that, chasing my little guy. I say it all the time, but it is true, he is an active one. But he is a bundle of joy and fun. Everyday is an great adventure!!! : )

1 comment:

Kay said...

Oh, it is MY PLEASURE! LOL