Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Monday

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! This is one of my favorite holidays. The one thing that annoys (always has even as a kid) is the pinching for the lack of green clothing. Ranks right up there with April Fools jokes. I never have liked those either.

Play practice was a disaster. I am pretty nervous about this one. They pulled it together for the Christmas program, which I was skeptical if they would or not. This one has me worried. Tiffany has started on the scenery and is doing a great job. I will have to take some pictures and post them, once she is done. That girl can draw like nobodies business. She is amazing. They have 3 more days to get this thing pulled together. We shall see.

Gabe was a little off this evening. I'm not sure what was going, I think he may have been over tired. He is usually really good natured.

I'm really tired, but I have some computer work for the play to get done before I head for bed. Before I head for bed, here is a little bit on St. Patrick.

Patrick was born to British parents in the 400's. His parents were devout Christians, and his father was a deacon in their church. He didn't listen to his parents Biblical teachings and rejected God. One day while playing by the sea shore, he was kidnapped by a band of Irish pirates. They sold him to an Irish clan chieftain. He was sent to the fields to tend to swine. The quiet alone time in the fields gave him time to think about the Bible stories and teachings from his parents. He was convicted of his sin of unbelief and trusted Christ as his Savior. Some time later, he was rescued and reunited with his family. He later returned to Ireland and preached to thousands, which led to many believing in Christ. He used the Shamrock to illustrate the trinity. He eventually died (obviously) and somewhere in history became the patron saint of Ireland.

This concludes your history lesson for the day. : ) Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: