Thursday, January 24, 2008

That's My Boy

Ty and Tiff didn't come home from TX yesterday. I had 4 of my 6 students. One would think that with fewer students and really only one grade to teach, we would accomplish more. Not so. It sounds good in theory, but for some reason don't work out. There is always tomorrow. It will been the same schedule tomorrow too.

Gabe had lunch at daycare today, since I needed to stay until Mr. Serpas could get there. Instead of Gabe falling asleep on the way home without lunch, I have him eat there. I like him having a full tummy before nap, that way he doesn't wake up really hungry. They were having chicken strips, mashed potatoes and strawberry shortcake today. Before I grabbed lunch, I went in to see how he was doing. He was already finished with his. Some of the adults were saying that the chicken strips were spicy, and Heidie was saying that some of the kids weren't eating very well. By the way, they didn't know when they fixed the strips that they were on the spicy side rather than just plain. They look plain. Heidie said Gabe must have an iron lined mouth. :) She said he snarfed them down without a hint that they were spicy. Then when I came in with my lunch, he at one of my chicken strips. I guess he likes his spicy food, like his mom and dad. I knew his dad would be proud.

Gabe to this point has stood on his own for a second here and there. This evening he stood for little short spells several times. He is funny. He will be cautious about things, then all the sudden take off and do them and never look back. He is even taking steps from one thing to another without hanging on to things. It will only be one or two little steps, but that is more than he would do a week ago. Just Sunday I tried to get him to hold one of my hands to walk rather than both, and he refused. Got mad and started crying, refused. Now all the sudden tonight he is standing and taking a step or two. Like I said, when he decides to do something, he does it and that is all she wrote. Bar the door Katie, when he starts walking. It may my new weight loss program. :)

Mom, dad, Ty and Tiff are going to try to get home tomorrow. It will depend on the weather. It isn't here that is the problem. It is further south causing issues. We are supposed to get a little snow, maybe 1-2". We are also supposed to get up to 30 tomorrow. Today was very cold. It was cold enough I put Gabe in his snow suite instead of his winter coat. He was thrilled. Okay, not so much. It was kind of funny, when I has him bundled up to come home, Heidie and I were laughing at how unimpressed he was. Turner is telling us, with a very serious face and tone, "No, no". We guessed he didn't want us laughing at Gabe.

I was going to work on grades this afternoon but didn't even get my bag unpacked for it. I just couldn't get motivated. I had all kind of energy when I got home. Then I sat down for a couple minutes. That was a mistake. I crashed. Other than getting dishes done, I didn't get much else accomplished. Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow, it's only a day away. Enough of my craziness for one day. I feel a second wind coming on. I better go to bed and see if it will go away. Sleep is a good thing.

No comments: