I didn't try to get a nap, which is very unusual for me. I baked some cookies for tonight instead. Before we went to mom and dad's for lunch, I tried to get Gabe's new car seat in the car. The LATCH straps were on the wrong sides. I bring the seat back in the house, look at it to see how it comes apart so I can switch them and decide I will just exchange it for one that is put together right. After we got back from lunch, I got on the car seat company website to find the hours for customer service. They have installation videos that can be watched online. I find the appropriate seat and start watching. They say something that makes me look at the book again. There it was, instructions for switching the LATCH straps. Silly me, they ship the seat rear-facing ready. I needed to install it forward-facing. I tell you what, we payed quite a bit more for this seat than I had planned, but it is worth every penny. They have put a lot of thought into everything. I am impressed.
We get him and us ready for church. We take the car with his new seat. Todd put him in, I put some things in the seat beside him. Todd gets done strapping him in, I adjust the straps and Gabe gave me the biggest smile. He looked like he was so proud of himself for being in his new big seat for the first time. I wish I had the camera. It was priceless. During the short drive to church, I would turn around and talk to him and he smiled and laughed the whole way. It was great!!!! Again worth every penny spent on his seat. I love that little guy so much.
We get to church, take Gabe bag to the nursery and head into the auditorium. I see someone sitting with mom but can't figure out who it is. I get to the end of the row and start to go sit by her, and I see who it is. It is Glen, our dearest friend from Kansas. Glen is one of the most special people in my life. He has literally known me all my life. He and Carm (his wife) were in dad and mom's first church in KS. Mom and dad had been in KS a little more than a year when they found out they were expecting me. Carm helped watch me after I was born. They are wonderful people. I haven't seen them since just before Todd and I were married. Glen was in the hospital with cancer, and we went down to see them. I was so surprised. We had Family Fun Night tonight at church, which worked out perfect to get to see him for a while. He drove up today and will drive home tomorrow. I still haven't gotten over the surprise (pleasant) of seeing him. He is very near and dear to my heart. I am so happy to have gotten to see him, even if for just a few hours. Here are a few pictures.





No comments:
Post a Comment