Sunday, November 11, 2007

Harvest Sunday

Today was Harvest Sunday at church. This something we have done for many years. We decorate for Harvest and have a big meal at noon. We have all the traditional Thanksgiving foods: turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, dressing, green bean casserole etc. Years past we would have a film (pre-DVD's). The last several years we have had musical groups. This year we did a movie on the big screen. This evening after the film, we had leftover dinner and dessert, complete with soft serve ice cream. The whole day was really good.

Grandma Carlson kept Gabe here at home this evening. Todd and I were definitely ready to see him when we got home. We got home and walked down the family room were he was and said his name. He looked up, saw us, throw the toy he had in his hand, bounced up and down on his bottom and then scooted toward us. That is the kind of greeting that will melt your heart.

My back has been really good today. Just a couple times that it hurt for a little while. Thankfully I think it is going to come through just fine. I am still cautious about picking him up. I think I will give it another day and see from there.

I will leave you with a couple of pictures, since I haven't posted any for quite some time.

No comments: