Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ramblings & Catching Ups

Here I am playing catch up yet again. I have been busy and tired, therefore not keeping up here very well at all. I was in the habit of posting every night before I went to bed, and well you know how it goes when you get out of a habit, it's hard to get back to it. So here goes....again in no particular order.

Our weather has been much cooler. We have also had quite a bit of rain over the last week or so. I'm not sure how long it has been going now. It doesn't matter. I just happy to be into cooler temperatures. I love sweatshirt and sweater weather (especially sweatshirt). Bring it on!!! : )

Todd and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on the 11th. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, yet it does (not in a bad way). I am truly very thankful for the relationship and marriage we have. It is sad when people find out it was our 10th, and their response is "Good for you guys." or "Ten years? Wow, that's great for now days." Unfortunately, we have heard that a lot. We thought a lot about Maine. We had planned to go back for our 10th, and we had Gabe instead. We will take Gabe any day, but someday plan to go back. We loved that trip and didn't get to do somethings the first time, so we will have to make a return trip. Isn't that too bad.

School is going fine. Some days I feel more prepared than others. Some days I feel the morning went well and others not so well. I am still figuring things out. Things are going much more smoothly. It is amazing how each student is so uniquely different. They each bring their own qualities to the classroom. Most days go well, others are a bit more challenging. For the most part things are good.

Nebraska has been struggling. We lost our last game. This week has been full of news. The AD (athletic director) was let go, and Tom Osborne is stepping in as interim AD. We will see how everything goes. There will be changes and adjustments, but hopefully things will be fine. We almost beat TX today. They looked better then they have a quite a while. Hopefully they are on their way to turning things around.

Grandma and Grandpa Carlson some down last weekend. They needed a Gabe fix. We had a good weekend with them. They watched Gabe while we had haircut appointments and ran a few errands. We had to twist their arms to keep him for those few hours, but they eventually complied. : )

This last week we were all sick. Monday afternoon I started feeling lousy, and Monday evening Todd started felling lousy. Gabe was feeling a little yucky Sunday. Todd was home Tuesday-Thursday. He went to work Friday but came home early worn out. I didn't go to school on Thursday but was back Friday not feeling great but there.

The PBR (Professional Bull Riders) World Final started Friday night. There are 3 guys very close in points. The #1 guy, Justin McBride, has bucked off his first 2 bulls. The next 2 guys behind him have ridden both their bulls so far. It will be an interesting Finals this year. Some day Todd and I will go to the finals. Oh, what fun that will be.

Now onto my favorite subject of all......underwater basket weaving. Just kidding, you know I am talking about Gabe. What a character he is becoming. Quite determined I might add. Don't know where he gets that from. : ) He doesn't crawl but he scooches everywhere and makes good time at where he is going. He gets into everything. If it is in reach or almost reach, it is up for grabs. He is still doing good with naps. He averages about 2 hours a day. Some days are shorter, some longer, but I can count on better than it was for so long. He seems to be doing fine at daycare on the days we are at school. I go in to see him during a break, and he looks so little in the room. I will stand and watch him for just a minute, then say his name, he will turn, look at me, and break out in a huge grin. My heart melts. I see those big blue eyes light up, the grin that goes from here to there, his adorable face and I am a goner. Todd and I often say how blessed we are to have him. He is incredible. He isn't eating much for solid food. He will eat Cheerios like crazy. He likes pancakes, but he is having trouble with the rest. We have tried squash, potatoes and bananas mashed up, but he gags on them. He has a very quick gag reflex. He has actually thrown up twice. So for now, we are giving him what we know he can handle and will wait a little bit to try some other things. There is nothing saying he has to eat everything in sight right now. We can take some time and go slow. He is happy unless he is tired, hungry or not feeling well. I don't blame him, I get a little grumpy when I am any of those things too. Like I said we are blessed with this little guy. He is precious.

No comments: