When we got into Des Moines, we stopped at Charlene's first. It was good to see her and the girls. Dan was at work so we missed him this trip. Norah was excited to hold Gabe. She seemed to think that was pretty neat. After we left their house, we headed to Burger King. We decided to eat before we got to the fair knowing that it was going to be terribly expensive there. Here is a picture of Gabe in Burger King.

It took us a little bit to get to the street that we wanted to park on. Once we got there, we found $3 parking. The cheapest we had seen to that point was $5. We took it. We had a little bit of a walk to get to the entrance, as we walked, I prayed for cheap tickets. We got just across the street from the ticket counter, and a gentleman stopped to ask if we needed tickets. He had gotten them in advance for $5. We took them. If we would have paid at the ticket counter, they would have been $10. Half price tickets....we'll take them.
We had a bit of a walk to get to where mom and dad have their booth. We walked past some of the horses they were getting ready to show. Tiff wanted a picture of one of the horses, so she could try to paint it later. Here is the picture she took.

We went to see grandma and grandpa first. They were so busy. It was difficult talking to them for all the people. Dad stayed with the booth, and mom walked around with us some. I think she wanted to show off the grandson just a little. She made a few stops here and there with him to show people. We took a couple trips around the Varied Industries building. I had Gabe in his sling. The poor babe was so tried. I could put my hand on his face and lay his head against my chest, and he wouldn't protest. That is tired!!!! We say the little Sugar Gliders. They are adorable. Mom had seen them before and took me about them, now I got to see them. Tiff found a $20 on the floor in the VI Building, the vendor told her, she found it, she gets to keep it. Tiff found a Celtic print bag that she bought with the money she found. The vendor that sold it to her was rather pushy and needed backed off a couple times, but she likes the bag.
We were there only a few hours. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we got there a little later than planned and needed to eat before we left for home. We wanted to go to Cheddar's for supper. It is a great restaurant in West Des Moines with incredible Cajun chicken fingers. Stopped there, it was great and were headed home.
We dropped Tiff off at home. No one was there (they were on their, just not there yet), we stayed until they got home. Got home, unloaded the car and called it a day. Gabe did wonderful. He didn't sleep much, but did incredibly well.
I had a birthday card from everyone where I worked before staying home with Gabe. I thought it was sweet of them to remember.
It was along but good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment