Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lazy Day

As the title reads, it was a very lazy day. I had grand plans of doing all sorts of things, like laundry, sorting, cleaning, hanging Gabe's pictures, etc. They all went out the window. Gone. We were going to run a couple of errands but decided it was too hot. Have I ever mentioned my dislike for summer. It is hot, humid and there are bugs. Did I mention it's hot? We (I should say Todd) were going to going to grill hamburgers for supper tonight, but didn't because of the heat. It reached at least 98 degrees. Yuck!!!

I started dishes before supper and got most of them done. After supper, I finished them up. So I did accomplish something. It is difficult to do much during the day. Gabe is not much of a napper, just a half hour here and there. On a good day, he will get an hour to two hour nap. Unless Todd is home it really is hard to get much done. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. He is a very sweet tempered baby, and I love being home with him.

Yesterday when I was in the garage, I spotted a metal cart that we had in the kitchen in our apartment. We have a very tiny kitchen with little counter and cabinet space. Todd brought it up for me the evening and after Gabe went to bed, I got it all cleaned up. It is going to fit beside the stove perfectly and will give a good amount of space. It may not be pretty, but it will be wonderful.

Well it is off to bed for me. Will be an early morning. Good night all.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I wondered if you would find the lighthouse theme! :)

And finding new ways to save space are always welcome! I like you having a blog too!